Come November and the people of Delhi gear up for the well known mega event of India International Trade Fair (IITF). The annual event organized by the India Trade Promotion Organization, from 14th Nov to 27th Nov, provides a platform for various small, large and big business houses, traders and manufacturers from across the country to showcase their products and services. In addition, the trade fair receives countless visitors from all walks of life, who come here to shop for various products and also to be a part of the fun and excitement of this major event.
The India International Trade Fair was first initiated in 1980 and since then has evolved into one of the most significant events for the business community across India. It is traditionally organized in the vast grounds and halls of Pragat Maidan in New Delh. The IITF is generally divided into various sections known as pavallions, categorized according to the products being showcased as well as the various states or countries that manufacture the different products. From the latest electronic gadgets and devices to automobiles and machinery, from handicraft items to fashion accessories, visitors can learn about and shop for countless items of their need and choice. Visitors are required to pay a nominal entry fee to gain entry into the venue.
The Last Edition
The year 2016 celebrates the 36th edition of IITF and was inaugurated by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee on 14th Nov 2016. The inauguration ceremony was conducted at Hamsadhwani Theatre in Pragati Maidan and was presided over by the Union Minister of Industry & Commerce, Smt. Nirmala Sitaraman. Some unique features of this 36th edition of IITF are as follows.
· This current edition is themed around the ambitious Digital India project.
· It features more than 7000 participants from India and other countries.
· The “Partner Country” this year is South Korea while Belarus is the “Focus Country”.
· Representatives from all the states and union territories in India are taking part in the fair along with more than 150 companies from 27 other nations.
· It will also see the participation of 900 rural artisans and craftsmen showcasing their skills and talent.
What is New?
In order to ensure a more smooth experience for both exhibitors and visitors, some new measures have been introduced in the current version of IITF. These include the following.
· Enable the exhibitors to book space online through a transparent system
· Provision of online ticket booking for the visitors for the entire duration of the fair
· Provision of free wi-fi at 10 prime locations as well as select exhibition halls including Hall No.7-12, 12A and 18
So come enjoy the fun of exploring the business diversity of India in a fun filled and exciting manner by opting to visit the IITF 2017.