Gurudwara Sahib Singh Sabha Pushkar (Ajmer) is one of the most famous gurudwara in Rajasthan. Pushkar witnessed the holy visitation(appearance of a divine) of Guru Nanak Dev in 1509 and Guru Gobind Singh in 1706. The Gurudwara Sahib is located near the Pushkar bus stop in a two-story flat-roofed structure.
Formerly the Pushkar Gurudwara was known as Guru Nanak Dharmasala; It serves as a Sri Guru Singh Sabha Ajmer division.
History of Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar
On his travels in Rajputana in 1706, Guru Gobind Singh stopped at Pushkar. Chetan Das, a priest, was his disciple there. Guru Gobind Singh ji stayed at one of the ghats of the Pushkar lake, that ghat was named after him as Gobind ghat, but it has now been changed to Gandhi Ghat. However, Gobind Ghat is still written in Gurumukhi, Devanagari, Persian, and Roman characters on a stone slab beneath a kiosk.
This site used to have a Gurdwara operated by Nirmala Sikhs on the first floor of Ghat’s entryway, but currently, it does not exist.
A Brahman priest at this Ghat, with long hair and a turban, has a hukamnama written on Bhoj Patra (birch tree leaf or bark) that is said to have been presented to Mahant Chetan Das by Guru Gobind Singh. Another hukamnama is dedicated to Sri Akal Takht Sahib, one of Amritsar’s five Gurdwaras. The priest also keeps a handwritten copy of the Guru Granth Sahib. (A Hukamnama refers to a hymn from the Guru Granth Sahib which is given as an order to Sikhs or a historical order given by one of the Gurus of Sikhism.)
In the early nineteenth century, a modest gurdwara was built in Pushkar to honor the arrival of both Guru Nanak Sahib Ji and Guru Gobind Singh Ji. This was destroyed for repair and reconstruction, and a massive white marble Gurdwara was built in its place.
How to reach Gurdwara Sahib
Pushkar, a temple town built around a natural lake, is 13 kilometres from Ajmer and is accessible by road. The Gurdwara Singh Sabha is located near the Pushkar bus stand and walking distance from the gorgeous Pushkar Lake.
More about the Pushkar Gurudwara Sahib – Singh Sabha Pushkar
In its current location, the gurdwara is stretched over 10 Bighas of land. The existing memorial was erected due to veteran Kar Sewak Baba Lakha Singh’s large-scale kar sewa. Baba’s headquarters in Kota, Rajasthan, is surrounded by a slew of charity organizations ranging from schools to hospitals and inns that offer langar. Although the Kar Sewa was proceeding and regular langar – prasad was served every day, the Gurdwara in Pushkar was formally opened on October 23, 2005.